Seafood Pizza - Café on 4 @ Macau Tower

MOP 80, approx. US$10

My dear friend in Macau treated me to lunch at this place, so that we could catch up on all our lost years since our college time in the USA.  My friend remembered how I used to always eat pizzas for every meal at our dorm's cafeteria, so he thought we should walk down the memory lane by having pizza together again.  I don't think I ever had a seafood pizza in my life, so I ordered one to try it out. This seafood pizza was loaded with shrimps, chopped mussels and clams.  Even though I love seafood, and I love pizza, I just don't care for this seafood pizza.  The marriage of seafood and pizza crust just produced a texture that didn't appeal to me.  May be this pizza was made to suit the pallets of the locals and tourists in Macau, who are mostly Chinese, it was lacking of tomato sauce and cheese big times.   So I didn't like the taste either.  I did however enjoy the coffee here, the beautiful view and the gorgeous restaurant interior.  It's too bad that I couldn't try the restaurant's very famous Mikado coffee-flavored soft ice cream, because I was told the machine that made the ice cream was broken and was pending for repairs.  Hopefully, I'll be able to visit Macau and this restaurant again soon...

So far, I haven't been to a restaurant in Macau that doesn't have beautiful interiors.  This is so much unlike the restaurants inside the ugly strip malls where I frequented back in the USA.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prime Beef Shabu - King Shabu Shabu

Golden Buckwheat Crisp Balls + Longan Cake - Eva Air

Berrytale - 85 °C Bakery Cafe