Christmas Dinner - Baleen Kitchen

Four-course Christmas Dinner $65.00 Per Person + 15% Tips + Tax

I haven't been to this restaurant for more than 7 years.  Last time when I was here, I was extremely impressed by the food. All I can remember now is I was impressed, but I forgot what exactly I ate there because I didn't think of blogging about it back then.  Tonight, I was back here because I didn't know where else to go when most restaurants are closed today. Although I wasn't as impressed today as I was 7 years ago, I enjoyed my Christmas Prefix Menu that came with a Dungeness Crab Deviled Egg as an appetizer and my choice of the next 3 courses.  Just how many different ways can we make deviled eggs? Obviously, this is an appetizer that allows a lot of room for creativity.  So instead of stuffing the egg yolk back into the egg white,  I found my deviled egg sitting on top of the egg yoke mashed with chives, mayonnaise and mustard, with the egg white shell stuffed with dungeness crab meat, topped with salmon caviar and pickled scallions, garnished with dill. I  chose the Cinnamon & Clove-Poached Pear with Chai-infused chantilly cream, and marcona almond tuile to be my dessert because I wanted to try something different from the usual cheesecake or chocolate cake that I ordered over and over in other restaurants. I particularly like the cream and the crunchy almond tuile in this dessert.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prime Beef Shabu - King Shabu Shabu

Golden Buckwheat Crisp Balls + Longan Cake - Eva Air

Berrytale - 85 °C Bakery Cafe