Sicilian Crispy Thin Crust Pizza - California Pizza Kitchen

$16.49+ Tax

I'm not a huge pizza fan. It's not my common meal choice.  May be I just had too many pizzas when I was in college. There was this pizza station in the cafeteria at my dorm that served pizzas during both lunch and dinner hours.  I always picked out at the pizza station because I just hated the stir fry station.  Then during every fraternity meeting, club meeting and project meeting, pizzas were always ordered.  By the time when I was done with college, I became really really sick of pizza. To make it worse, my work always ordered pizza for our overtime dinners, and overtime weekend lunches. So pizza is never my first choice when I can make dining decision independently.

Tonight my friend wanted to share a pizza with me while binge watching Korean TV drama on Netflix,  I felt icky when I heard her dinner suggestion.  But out of politeness, I went ahead to make the order.  I'm glad I did, because this Crispy Thin Crust Pizza from California Pizza Kitchen wasn't like those pizzas I had in college and at work.  The spicy marinara sauce, Italian sausage, spicy Capicola ham, salami, Mozzarella, shaved Parmesan, fresh basil and oregano, just worked really well together.  It was the most delicious pizza I've had as of now.  (But then all the pizzas I've had were from the same couple franchises.) The meat tasted really good. I normally hate sausages on pizza because of the over saltiness and the hint of gamy taste.  But somehow I enjoyed this pizza very much, may be because the presence of the basil  helped tone down the salt and any possible hint of gamy taste in the meat.   I love this pizza and I found its portion a very good serving size for two people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prime Beef Shabu - King Shabu Shabu

Berrytale - 85 °C Bakery Cafe

Golden Buckwheat Crisp Balls + Longan Cake - Eva Air