Chocolate Chips Cookie - La Esperanza Bakery

$1.25

This chocolate chips cookie is big, and full of mini-chocolate chips.  Unfortunately,  it's not the typical buttery chocolate chips cookies that I am familiar with.  It definitely  isn't the American style chocolate chips cookies, but rather a Central American rendition. It's because the bakery where I bought this cookie is Central American.  I always drove by this strip mall that resembles the typical store fronts in inner Tijuana Mexico, but only today did I drive in to try out the bakery there. The cookie was too bland and floury for my personal taste.  I tasted not much else other than the chocolate chips.  It was a crisp cookie on the harder side, but not too hard.  It seemed it was made from a shortening based dough with a lot less sugar used than the typical American style chocolate chips cookies. This cookie was freshly baked daily though and it smelled pleasantly fresh and not stale like the ones in so many grocery store shelves. I however prefer Mrs. Fields' cookies much more.  But my friend liked it. He said he liked its subtle taste. I just don't like bland cookies and I don't like Crisco shortening...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prime Beef Shabu - King Shabu Shabu

Golden Buckwheat Crisp Balls + Longan Cake - Eva Air

Berrytale - 85 °C Bakery Cafe