Sunday Brunch Buffet - Catalina Kitchen

$75.00 + Tax + 15% Tips

I don't do buffet too often because I'm not a big eater.   But today is Christmas Eve so I went on a splurge for a brunch buffet.  The brunch buffet at this restaurant was one of the best that I had tried.  There was quite a variety of items, there was so much to choose from that I didn't have room to try the made-to-order omelet station, the dessert station, the carving station, the sushi station, the bread station, the made-to-order crepe station, the pizza station etc. This is why I rarely did buffet.  I tended to pick the same salad, fresh cut fruits and seafood that I usually became too full to try other items.  Beside the seafood, the salad and the fresh fruits, I did try one piece of french toast, one piece of pancake, and one scoop of caramel gelato from the gelato station.  I also drank too much fresh squeezed orange juice and coffee. Everything that I tried was so good that I didn't leave behind one bit of food on my plate.  But I also didn't pile up on my plate either.  It was just never my habit to pile a lot of food on my plate during any buffet. I just never cared if the food at the stations got replenished or not. But in a buffet in any 5-star hotel like this, there is never any shortage of food.  The staff always do a good job to replenish the stations.  This place is no exception. The staff were all very attentive. They swapped the cream for my coffee when it got too warm, they refilled my coffee, my water, and my juice  without me even noticing. They did it when I went to get my food. I like this kind of non-intrusive but at the same time very attentive service.

The price of the buffet of course reflects the quality of the food, the service and the beauty of the venue.  There was also a $20 mandatory valet parking fees. It was a very enjoyable brunch at a very beautiful restaurant that I couldn't get elsewhere, so I consider the money well spent for the special holidays.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prime Beef Shabu - King Shabu Shabu

Golden Buckwheat Crisp Balls + Longan Cake - Eva Air

Berrytale - 85 °C Bakery Cafe