Portuguese Sausage & Eggs - TNT Aloha Cafe

$9.5 + Tax

I came to this place for breakfast because I was waiting for the Minute Clinic from across the street to open so I could register myself on its kiosk.  I couldn't book an appointment online at home because the Minute Clinic's online booking system and its kiosk on the premise didn't operate outside the clinic's operating hours.  How absurd is this?   While waiting for the clinic's kiosk to start operation at 9am,  I went on Yelp to see what good restaurant was around me for breakfast.  That's why I was here.

Yelp had misled me once again, the breakfast that I had at this restaurant was one of the worst breakfasts I ever had!  The breakfast potato had that hint of rancid smell and taste that I always hate.  This was not like the potato tots I had at the other restaurant that I happily stumbled upon.  Then there was this stinky flavor and smell with the Portuguese Sausage.  The regular sausage  from the grocery stores' freezers are so much better!  The sausage at McDonald's is also a lot better than this Portuguese Sausage  even though the ones at McDonald's are much thinner than this. I would rather have a tiny piece of normal tasting sausage from McDonald's than a big thick piece of stinky Portuguese Sausage.  There was just this gamy and stinky smell of the less quality pork that turned me off. Is this even how Portuguese Sausage is supposed to smell and taste?  I don't know since this is the first time I had Portuguese Sausage.  The eggs were decent though.  The wheat toasts that I had were also typical of supermarket bought wheat bread, which were also okay to me after I tore out the edges (crust) and just ate the soft center.   This is the kind of bread I won't use at home if I'm to make my own toasts though.  I don't like any toast that I can't eat the edges (crust) because of the taste and smell of staleness, which is how the crust of supermarket packaged bread always tastes.

According to Yelp, the coffee at this place was delicious.  Excuse me?  The coffee at this place was also horrible. How can anyone think the coffee at this place is delicious? This is why I started this blog, it's because I want to take note on what I don't like so I won't be misled by Yelp again to order the same dish I dislike.  I don't think I will be back to this restaurant soon, but if I am, I will definitely not order this dish again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prime Beef Shabu - King Shabu Shabu

Golden Buckwheat Crisp Balls + Longan Cake - Eva Air

Berrytale - 85 °C Bakery Cafe