Mapo Tofu Rice Bowl - Mitsuwa Marketplace

$5.55 + Tax

The restaurants where I want to go are all having ridiculously long lines during the weekends.  I'm not sure if it's the case in the entire country, but the economy seems to be real good (meaning more people seem to have the money to eat out these days), since many restaurants where I drove by tonight were all packed and had long lines outside the doors.  To avoid the crowd,  I went to the Japanese supermarket's deli section to pick up my beloved Mapo Tofu Rice Bowl to dine-in at home.  I'd love to go to a restaurant tonight, but I just have no patience to stand in line for a table.  This Mapo Tofu Rice bowl from the deli fridge is quite good. I love the "Mild" flavor the best because I find the "Medium" spice level quite hot, and the "HOT" flavor just too unbearably hot for me. Mapo Tofu is one of those Chinese dishes that the Japanese people love so much that it became one of the popular dishes in Japanese cooking.  There are different brands of Mapo Tofu sauce in the Japanese supermarket for those who want to make this dish themselves. But not me, I don't want to bother with the cooking no matter how easy it seems to put some minced meat and tofu into a frying pan and put in the packaged Mapo Tofu  sauce. I prefer the convenience of this tasty rice bowl gives me. There is no dish to wash, there is no cooking smell to vent out of my apartment. All I need to do is to just warm it up in the microwave.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prime Beef Shabu - King Shabu Shabu

Iced Coffee With Coffee Jelly - Hamadaya

Popcorn Chicken Bento - Mindi's Kitchen